wanderwoods

wanderwoods
Wander Woods

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Keep Your Peace and, Then! ... ! It Doesn't Matter !


Keep Your Peace

Then !  

! It doesn’t matter !

A friend of mine was stabbed in the back by her old friend today.  She called me all a’tears with the betrayal and said she wanted to confront this person.  And, I said, ‘Why?’  

Why would she want to do that to her self?  I asked her.  

I pointed out to her that she had just gone through the betrayal and it felt bad, didn't it?  If she was truly ready to let go then why drag it out?

Be'tween the now and the time she was actually able to confront this person, the feelings would continue to grow and she'd just hold on to and grow these bad feelings.

And, she could choose to not do that.

And, wouldn't it be better to move on and not consume today, tomorrow, one more minute, with more of these bad feelings that she would allow to just grow and grow ...

I suggested she send her old friend some flowers and say something like this:

I have enjoyed knowing you all these many years
But, as you know, things have changed
And, as a result, our relationship is at an end.
I wish you the very best in your life.


P.S.  Please don’t contact me again.

The betrayal was so deep for her.  She had known her friend for well on many years and that friend had been her mentor, her confidant, her role model, her mirror, and they had helped each other through many things.  And, it was hard to let go. 

And, it was for the protection of the ego, to say ‘I am important’.  The desire to confront, to stand up and say, 'I matter!', 'My feelings are important!' is a very good thing, to want to protect the self.  And, it is good to protect your self from further anguish, as well.

You are important.  But,

If you can Remember your Peace,

Then !

! It doesn’t matter !

Once, you realize this, you can let it go.  … 


April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment